|NBI Clearance Application|
National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Card Fingerprinting
It takes time to take fingerprints. Thus, the applicant will be assisted by a consular officer and fingers shall be impressed on the appropriate spaces by rolled impression.
1. Two pieces of latest 2"x 2" photograph, with white background. Please write your name and place your signature at the back of these photographs.
2. Duly filled out fingerprint card form
3. Consular fee of EUR22.50
4. Photocopy of valid Philippine passport
GUIDELINES IN APPLYING FOR NBI CLEARANCE FOR APPLICANT ABROAD
FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
1. Secure NBI Clearance application form (NBI Form No. 5) from the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate in the country where applicant resides. This Form No. 5 is furnished by the NBI upon request by the Department of Foreign Affairs, which is free and not for sale. A relative in the Philippines can also secure said form from the Mailed Clearance Section, 3rd Floor, NBHI Clearance Building, UN Ave., Manila;
2. Fill-out the form and go to the Embassy, Consulate or nearest police station for fingerprinting, which should be rolled impressions. The one who took the fingerprint impression must sign on the form. Attach a 2x2 picture in white background, taken within three (3) months prior application, photocopy of passport and other valid identification card/s;
3. Other than the instructions above, new applicants are also requiredto register online at www.nbi-clearance.com. An applicant is required to sign-up and to sign-in to apply for clearance where a reference number will appear on the computer screen. Copy this reference number which will serve as the NBI's code in the retrieval of applicant's data and status of application;
4. Enclose money order or bank draft in the amount of two hundred pesos (P200.00), Philippine currency, negotiable in the Philippines, payable to the NBI Director. Cash is also accepted equivalent to two hundred pesos (P200.00). Clearance fee is one hundred fifteen pesos (P115.00) and the remaining eighty-five pesos (P85.00) will be used to send clearance certificate through the Philippine Post;
5. Send completed application form to:
Ms. SANDRA P. SOBIDA
Mailed Clearance Section
3rd Floor, NBI Clearance Bldg.,
UN Avenue, Ermita, Manila
She can also be reached at telephone number 5238231 loc 5465
6. Processing time for applications will take a maximum of five (5) days upon receipt of documents; and
7. If a relative would submit documents, a letter of authorization is required.
THIS PROCESS ALSO APPLIES TO FOREIGN NATIONALS WHO HAD LIVED IN THE PHILIPPINES AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT NBI CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE.
FOR RENEWAL APPLICANTS:
1. Applicants who were previously issued NBI clearance certificates dated 2011 and beyond will have their certificates authenticated first by the Information and Communication Technology Division (ICTD);
2. Together with the above, attach a 2x2 picture taken within three (3) months before application, photocopy of passport or valid Identification Card issued by the country of his/her residence and two hundred pesos (P200.00) in money order or bank draft addressed to the NBI Director;
3. Send the documents to:
Ms. Sandra P. Sobida
Mailed Clearance Section
3rd Floor, NBI Clearance Building
U.N. Avenue, Manila
Should a relative would hand-carry the documents, an authorization letter is required.
4. Other than the instructions above, applicants are also required to register online at www.nbi-clearance.com. Applicant will sign-up and sign-in to fill-out all the personal information thereat until a reference number appears on the screen. Copy this number which will serve as the NBI Code in the retrieval of the encoded data and verification of status of application;
5. However, if renewal was issued from 2014 to present and there is no correction in the name, place and date of birth, applicant need not register online. All requirements mentioned in Item No. 2 together with the certificate dated 2014 to present to be sent to the above-mentioned address;
6. Processing of applications will take a maximum of five (5) days upon receipt of documents; and
7. Upon receipt of clearance certificate, examine it for the presence of embossed NBI dry-seal. Affix right thumbmark on the space provided for.
(Department or Justice)
PAMBANSANG KAWANIHAN NG PAGSISIYASAT
Nations Bureau of lnvestigaton